Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: customers bargaining more and more

Seems like the more money a person has the more greedy they are. Guess you don't get rich from spending it all!

Array

if a customer started paying me less than the correct amount by a few bucks id just increase his bill next time by that amount...keep adding it on...

or id raise his price by $20, so when they reduce it it would still be the amount i wanted..i wouldnt put up with it without playing games back

once in a while i get customers who sit down and figure out how much per hour im making and discuss it with me...i always say a bid is a bid..im very price competitive over all and it does seem to always be the people who picked me because i was the low bid...they want the low bid to be lower.

when they complain about how much per hour i ended up making i always say i dont reduce my bids if i get done early....if i get done late can i raise my price?

that always stops the conversation..its a bit rude and i dont use it unless i consider the customer to be a lost cause for future work..it makes me feel good and its a completely correct statement....they are looking at it completely 1 sided...when you say 'can i raise my prices if it goes longer ' shows the other side