Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Domain name

Array

The auto bid, as you call it, is not a separate type of bid. It's just the same as any other bid.

If the bidding increment is $1 and the highest bid is $5 and you enter a bid of $10, the highest bid is then shown as $6, not the $10 that you actually bid.

Array

As for registering the domain I use godaddy and they have an automatic renew option for each domain name. This way it automatically bills your credit card when it is about to expire for another year. I use this on several of my domains so I don't have to worry about it.
    Have you grabbd your deal today?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I do the same, though some domains I buy I'm not sure I want to keep so they won't automatically renew. I just get the message that they're about to expire.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

True. There are some domains that I don't have set for the auto renew function. I get an email that they are about to expire and if I don't use them I just let them go.
    Have you grabbd your deal today?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

And of course those emails start about 6 months before the domain will actually expire so you begin to train yourself to ignore them. Most of my domains are set to auto renew, since I'm going to renew them.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

I won the auction for the domain topnotchbookkeeping.com. But I have to wait until the 19th before I can register it in case the former owner still wants it. I'm optimistic.

Congratulations. Good catch.

Array

Excellent! I hope it goes through.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Congrats. Let us know how it goes on the 19th. That's not too long to wait.

Also before making any changes to your site let us know how you're wanting to use your domains. There are a few issues to consider with both search engines and real people who are familiar with your current domain. We should be able to help you set things up without causing any problems.

I have heard that if you have your domain name registered for 3 years or more, you might score better with SEO, because that shows more of a commitment to the site than just having a one year registration.
    Twitter: ShredderClay Tumblr: Shredder-Clay Recycle with your Paper Shredder, let me give you a few pointers how... use them in crafts, in shipping, in your compost pile....