Thread: Intro from Vermont

Array

Default Intro from Vermont

Hello, I'm Karen from Green Mountain Diapers.
    I've been selling cloth diapers on the internet since 1998, which I suppose makes me "old".

My husband and I do this full time (well, much more than full time) plus we have one part-time employee. We are home based, with 3 school-aged kiddos, the youngest has just now started Kindergarten. We are retailers but also import custom diapers and have some things made in the USA. I do the site myself.

Cloth diapers is a growing niche, especially as the economy weakens. We don't wash them. We aren't a diaper service. We sell them just like Land's End sells clothes. It's tons of fun but of course, lots of hard work.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Karen, I remember you from the old SBF. Welcome to our new home! I'm glad you somehow found out where so many of the former SBF members have moved to, and I hope you enjoy the community we have created here.

I don't remember you being in VT though. Depending on what part of the state, you may be familiar with my last name.

Sounds like your business is going well. Congrats on that!
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Karen,

Welcome to the new place! I am well past the stage of buying diapers but I look forward to seeing you join into our discussions.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to our new home Karen. I'm glad you found the place and I agree it sounds like your business is doing well and growing.

I look forward to chatting more and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Karen, welcome to the forum. I remember you from the old forum, so it's nice to see another familiar person.

Welcome to the SBF, Karen. I look forward to chatting with you in the forum.
    Access Communications
    Digital Marketing, Content Creation and Web Development
    Winner, MarCom Gold Award 2012

Array

Welcome, Karen.

I didn't belong to the old SBF long enough to learn most of the folks, but you'll find the "good guys" came over here to start this and I tagged along.

I'll check your site.

Oh, yeah...I'm past diapers, too, until I get some grandchildren.

Tell us more about your business.

Paul

Paul
    Last edited by Paul Elliott; 09-24-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

Welcome aboard, Karen. Nice to see more New England natives around here.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."