Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: facebook friends

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Technically it is against the rules. It also doesn't make any sense since you can easily make a business page with the name your business. I see a ton of people do it and they will probably skate unless reported or they try to open a second account for personal use.
    The downfall of doing that is you can have as many pages as you wish, but you can only have one personal account.
    It's not something that I would let upset you, if anything I'd just look at them as if they are stupid.

Array

;i know...and they dont want to hear about it...ive tried to get those negatives across to some new storeowners ...and also throw out that its is against the rules and facebook might decide its important sometime.... .
    i miss the good parts of the 2 buddies i have put on hide..... their pages are mostly good then wham...they are advertizing on my page....im not distraught over it....but miss them a little...and feel unfriendly about it...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

I know what you mean, Ann. A while back, I used to get cross at someone blatantly advertising their business on my page and would delete it. Then it occurred to me, as long as their advertisements were not actually taking anything away from me, their ads could be considered a benefit to my visitors. AND, I could now comfortably advertise on their page. This is really good if they have more 'likes' than I have because I get more mileage than they do!

He-he! Old and wiley beats young and energetic every time!

Array

but i want my friends to spend money with me not him!!! and i sure dont want to help them go to the auction and bid against me....
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

But wouldn't you want his friends to spend their money with you? If he has more friends than you, you win. If your advertising is better than his, you win. if your conversion rate is better than his, you win.

In addition - if you have done a better job of maintaining your clients' loyalty, you doubly win!
    Last edited by Spider; 03-14-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

You have to moderate your wall posts the way you see fit. I let people post on my wall as long as they aren't trying to sell products that I already sell. I don't mind f they promote their event, new track or podcast or anything like that.
    But I do draw the line when they post affiliate links and remove those.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 03-14-2011 at 05:29 PM.

I see personal pages used as business pages all the time. Recently, Facebook has been cracking down on some of those but they now have a way to change personal pages to business pages. In the long run they're hurting their own business in my opinion. Remember, personal pages max out at 5000 people where business pages don't have a max.

Aaron