Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting started

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

If they've been having trouble leasing buildings in that shopping center then I would think it would give you leverage. You're right that they're going to want to fill the space instead of letting it sit empty. Of course the fact that they haven't been able to lease the buildings could be a sign that either that shopping center isn't such a great location for a business. It's possible they've simply been putting too high a price on the lease of course, but it is something to consider.

I wish I could offer specific advice about what rates you might get. Are there other empty buildings in the area? If there are maybe you could find out what they're going for. It would probably give you a better idea what to offer.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Far as i have seen it's just those three spots that haven't been filled at all, high price for what i'm sure most businesses would consider just bad location. Another spot opened up near the three about 1 month ago but they just moved a couple spots down. Then 2 more businesses opened up as well in the past 3 months, so it's full except for the four spots in the corner. One of the new stores i read did a 10 year $600,000 lease for 4,000 sq ft. so they pay about $15 a sq ft. a year in the more desired location.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

What makes the corner an undesired location? Is it hidden from the rest of the shopping center, tucked away in a place where foot traffic doesn't naturally pass?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

I believe any business that has lots of stores would want the best spots, not these buildings the one i would pick might be able to have a sign people could see from the main row of bigger stores. Thats where i would use marketing to draw more people in, the other two smaller buildings are tucked away behind the larger buildings on the main row so you would have to be very close to the end to see. They have good traffic every day, but any business that would go there would have to be small as well.