Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: getting new LARGE customers has hit a brick wall

Array

Hmmm - I think the 12 times a year - once a month - would be excessive. I wouldn't expect you to get many more builder calls and, of course, it will cost you more. I cannot imagine that more than every 3 months would increase the response. But a test - every month for the next 6 months - might prove it beneficial, especially as you have the time on your hands to do it right now.

If you want to expand into the commercial space without going major construction, have you tried courting property managers? Some property managers concentrate on managing rental houses and some are onsite at apartment complexes. Then there are property managers who work on or for office buildings and factories. They all have bathrooms and kitchens and some have water supply and waste associated with production facilities. (You may want to avoid the latter, if that gets you more involved than you would like.)

Array

I built a 2 story barn last year for my business....im fully stocked....the whole first floor is full of materials...probably $20,000 worth.....the 2nd floor is somewhat open still...i keep fixtures/faucets up there and some personal stuff

i built the barn with the idea of being able to handle a 5-6 man shop.....i dont want to relocate

i will be working on new fliers this week for getting some new builders...ive sent the same one out this year 2x now and will be sending it out a 3rd time this next week.
    im going to try to get 3 versions made so i can alternate every month...each one with a different theme

if im going to do it monthly i wont be able to hand write the address on them....i wont have the time and its actually painful to write 300+ envelopes.....or maybe ill force the wife to do it as a hobby....i have paid a friend to do them for $200 in the past when ive been too busy

anyone think if i switch from hand addressing them to labels if i will lose some of the impact? i think probably

is every month over kill? i dont think so.......these people have been getting 3-4 fliers a year for 5 years...they all know i exist

3-4 years ago i called each of them and found out who the contacts were.....some of those contacts may be fires/quit by now...i need to call each of them and find out..i may be writing to a bunch of these builders to someone who isnt there anymore...

i also may switch my sales to make myself look small(like i am)....i wont get any large builders, but they dont want me anyways...one issue w/ being small is they are aftaid i cant handle their work load or what happens when i get injured(which i never have)