Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boy did i feel old...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I think it mostly depends on how much tv you watch. Most every show that's every been on (at least the ones that lasted 3 or more years) are on in endless repeats somewhere. If you watch enough tv and have access to more than the networks, eventually every show comes in front of you at some point.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Evan, i believe that everyone should make their own choices in what they view or not. However i made the choice that i really want to watch very little, tv and really less then anything News, if i am in the room when someone else is watching i will hear the news headlines, however i don't go out of my way.

One thing i find by not watching any of the stuff on TV is that it can become a good conversation starter. Though, and tends to give more to talk about.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm not sure how not watching tv can give you more to talk about. Maybe more intelligent conversations. I guess if your taking the time you might have spent watching tv and broadening your horizons in some other way then it could give you more to talk about.

I'm of the generation that was babysat by the television. A few years back when I first moved to Colorado I didn't have one. I didn't bring one when I moved and didn't buy one when I arrived. I didn't miss it. I found plenty of other things to do. Then I one October I wanted to watch the World Series and borrowed a very small tv, that barely got any reception, from the backroom where I worked and I've been watching again ever since.

For me it's mostly background noise. I'm just so used to it that as long as the volume isn't too loud I barely notice it. I work to it the same way some people work with music on in the background. With music I sometimes have a hard time focusing on anything but the music, but tv I can easily ignore.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

I watch tv for an hour or so as I'm falling asleep. In general, it bores me. Same with movies - even good ones. TV is usually running in the living room. During working hours I frequently get up to stretch my legs and watch it for 5 min while standing up. Usually on something you can walk away from though like the food channel. I like to cook but don't really have the time right now. I look at news headlines on cnn.com.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Television is escapism for me. I get in moods where I just want to sit and watch something. Those are pretty rare however. I have a few shows I really like and will go out of my way to watch, but for the most part I can give tv a miss.

I absolutely loathe reality television (Survivor and Big Brother and such) and think it is one of the worst things that ever happened to television. Why people want to watch other people being idiots on television is beyond me.