Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I find clients?

Array

I have a graphic design company myself so I know what has worked for me. You really suggest that you become more of a marketing expert...It's troubling to me that you have a hard time finding clients and expect clients to hire you to help them with their marketing. So 1st, get a marketing book and really start concentrating on this topic you are asking about. If you learn how to get clients for yourself, you can help your clients do the same!

Anyway...Here is how you get client:
    Step 1
    Specialize.
    (Really just pretend that you specialize) Let's say you've done a website for a bakery...market yourself to every bakery in the country as the expert in bakery websites! Make marketing that positions you for that market and hit it hard. Email, direct marketing, have a separate website (or just a page), ads, and whatever you can afford.

Step 2
    Don't be passive and wait for the bakeries to call you. Some may call don't just sit and wait. Call them. Call them all. You are offering exactly what they need. If they are not interested, call the next one. After a day of cold calling, you will have a few real leads.

Here's the trick. Repeat step one with another market. Maybe you did a flyer for a band. Sell yourself as the band flyer guy.

Here is some random advise.
    Bill by the hour, not a flat rate.

Start at a rate you can live with, but plan on raising it as you gain more clients.

Don't give your work away.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Brad Miller; 11-08-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Banned
    Array

I agree with Reflo Ltd.As the development of sociaty,graphic and web design business can be widely seen.But they are very similar to each other. And they almostly have no their own style. If you want do some sepcial, you must have you own characters.

Array

panda ...love that reference about each business needs its own characters...you probably meant character of the page but it works in face to face businesses too...we sure cant afford to seem generic ...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

It's a saturated business. You need a few clients that you can obtain from social media websites like facebook or twitter. After that, it becomes word of mouth. Also post on Craigslist that you are offering a service; list your phone number. As long as you get the ball rolling, you will be just fine.
    Best of luck to you.
    FromThisSeat.com
    Tell Us About Your Seats at The Game