Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hiring 1st employee questions

Array

i already use it for checking out my builders....i had one a few years ago that had 3 pages full

ill pay for a background check...i have to background check myself for the insurance work ive done...so its not a big deal...i also advertise that im background checked

I typed my name into google yesterday to see what came up.For $30 I could get a police report, net worth, income level etc. Even a copy of my birth certificate! You never know if this information is accurate.

Quick story on the accuracy of whats out there. I know someone who has never been able to hold down a job. Comes from a dysfunctional family. Years ago, his brother took a Corvette for a test drive from a car dealership, steals the car and then totals it. His brother used my friends drivers license. His mother testified in court that it was my friend, not his brother. When it finally went to court the cop realized that my friend wasn't the guy he arrested and charges were dropped. The thing is, databases across the country showed him as having been arrested for vehicle theft. He has never been able to get his name cleared. That's an example of why its difficult to rely on the accuracy of online databases.

As far as drinking and drugs on the job. That should become apparent during a 3 month probation period.

Array

pretty much 100% of people with drink/drug problems wont show up on time....i will weed it out the 1st week