Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a business name any help?

Array

Brilliant Formula RegAddking...pinning it up on my bulletin board for future reference.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I choose names based on what is available to be registered as a domain.

I'd rather have my 2nd or 3rd choice if I can register the name outright with the proper spelling, than to force my 1st choice and end up with something hacked, garbled, hyphenated, that isn't available as a '.com' and is hard to remember.

Keywords are pretty much gone. At this point, the best you can hope for is something that is easy to brand. It's not worth getting a keyword, if you have to register it with unrelated words.
    However, your name + keyword, is still a possibility in some cases. And that's where I would start. If I could register something clean, a la "johnnyspaddles.com", but I wouldn't register "paddlesjohnny". It has to make sense if anyone is to recall it when searching for you. "paddlesbyjohnny.com" would work, and so would "johnnypaddles.com". And that's what they'd call you, like a character out of the movie "Jonny Dangerously".

Location+Keyword
    would be ideal if your demographic is local. "newenglandpaddles.com" for instance.

I think you should look at it as an exercise in domain registration, not merely just naming a business.
    That's just my opinion of course. I think of everything in terms of the web.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 03-11-2012 at 11:55 AM.