Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Employee theft

Array

billbenson - you said "if one goes off when the employee leaves ..." That gave me the impression of an audible alarm.

I've seen statistics over the years and it's clear that a lot of clean and well dressed people steal things. Even people with a lot of money steal things. Perhaps you might miss them if you only focus on the "slimy" looking people. This isn't a situation where he has to scan the crowd and decide where to focus his efforts, he can monitor all of the employees regardless of what their friends look like.
    Last edited by Steve B; 04-15-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    Steve B

And you aren't listing. The hardest thieves to detect are the little old ladies. They are to arthritic to look around and be obvious. I had a couple with a stroller and a borrowed baby once. They carried the baby and filled the stroller with goods. When we approached them they threw the baby at us and ran. They were very well dressed.

I stated "slimy" was probably a poor use of words in my prior post. People from all walks of society steal for different reasons. However, by looking at the people they hang out with is a valuable piece of knowledge. As I said in a different recent thread, a friend caught a local mayors wife stealing.

Internal theft is pretty simple. Its a matter of tracking inventory, video, overs and shorts, and looking into personal issues such as their friends.