Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to handle repeat customers who question pricing

people will always question your pricing, it is in their nature, the best thing you can do counter it in my opinion, is building professional image to your company, for example.. In Building industry I noticed that companys that charge more, have their logotypes and website adress on their uniform, and all uniforms are the same, and so they seem more professional then Building company with workers in shaggy pants and stuff, so building your personal image is important as well as building your comapny image.

Having a website is also quite important those days for any kind of company, and if anyone have any question you can always send him to website to section "How we work" but firstly you have to create this page and write up, how quality your work is + adding testimonials from other clients and so on. Basically you would need to build your own brand, and then none will question your prices.

Array

the customer gave up questioning me today...finally....my 'no answer' answer worked...either it frustrated him and he gave up or maybe he just decided 10 e-mails on the same subject was enough....i recommend the run around type answer to a stupid question

Steve...your customers are the homeowner.....most of my customers are builders....they have to get the prices down as far as possible to sell jobs, so you can see why the details are important...when these customers are on the verge of going under they have to figure out ways to lower their prices...going after subs is the easiest solution......next time this issue comes up im going to begin the conversation with a run around.....give answers that arent really answers...just like a politician

I friend sold used cars years ago. He said every customer is going to point out a door ding or any flaw to try to get you to lower your price. His strategy was to completely ignore the comment as if it was never said.

I was at my local auto shop where I always take my car for service. They do a good job and are fair. A friend has known the owner since grade school. A customer was there complaining to the clerk at the front about how expensive the tires were. I gather he had all the tires changed on a recent model car. They aren't cheap. The clerk used the same tactic. She ignored all the complaints as if they were never said. He questioned the bill and she pointed out items on the bill he questioned and nothing more. I imagine auto shops get quite a few of these types of customers, but this guy was pretty aggressive. Same strategy as the auto salesman.

I've used the same strategy over the years. It works quite well.