Thread: Crow funding activities?

Default Crow funding activities?

Hi,

got an idea here, please give me your opinion:

As crowdfunding is big it seems logical that using it to enable people for activities instead of businesses might work as well. Take a party: Somebody posts when it is, what music is played, which artists join and what the price is. Everybody can participate transfers the price and if it doesn’t happen it gets transferred back. Might work for demonstrations or community activities as well. There would be no price included, but clicks would make the site profitable though ads.

Thanks!

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Interesting idea. One potential negative that comes to mind is when you let people know if the party or event is going to happen. You'd have to give people enough time to know it's off if the funding doesn't get met and find an absolute way to make sure they know. Otherwise you end up with people showing up and probably going home unhappy. It's a problem with solutions, but thought I'd mention it.

I don't see why the idea itself can't work. There are probably some other potentials downsides though that you'd want to think through.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

That is the first time I have heard of Crow Funding - so I will have to do a little learning to catch up, but I like the idea/concept. I can see it working on a local basis like a small town, rather than State or Nationwide.
    Will Cunningham - The Best of Small Business on the Web
    www.willcunningham.com
    www.competition-crusher.com

Hello,

yes, I was thinging of doing it on a small town basis, as an enabler if nothing happens. About the cancellation time: Yes, it would be coordinated like an event of facebook, only that youd be asked to check like a week before if it happens. And yes, planning for a party would be rather long, but for a theatre on the lwan or so, were a fixed crew is going anyway, rather short.

Thanks for the replies, more hints welcome!

Array

Go for it! Crows are underappreciated, they like to party too.

Party Crow.jpg

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

The local angle definitely seems like the right way to start. With the cancelation time you might want to set something up to let people know instead of having them check in. I can see potential problems with a few people not checking in time.

I still think it's a good idea and I'll be interested to hear about your progress.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

I've been toying with a similar idea in my head for some time -even before the Internet.

My idea started off with thinking of ways to promote a BBQ catering company. My thinking went that I'd offer cheap chicken meals to corporate and informal groups using a bbq trailer. The twist would be that I'd get the addresses of the potential participants, mail out the invites, and collect all of the funds directly myself. If enough people returned the invites then the event was on. In this way I could proactively seek out/create events instead of waiting for someone to approach me.

Now, advance some 20 years and my idea is to create a web application that I could sell to individual businesses, catering and otherwise. It would be an almost automatic, self-marketing system whereby the business owner only needs to market to potential users or even initiate the event himself. For instance, say a marketing business wishes to create a co-op print marketing campaign. He would invite prospects to his site/application whereby participants register to take part, upload their creatives, and pay. A threshold can be set in order for the event to fire or not. Participants can agree upon which threshold they are willing to participate, and on and on.