Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting past the company preferred supplier line.

In large companies, a strategy that worked well for me was to make friends with a lower level engineer who had direct contact with the decision makers. They actually became your salesman and eventually gave you access to the management level people who could make a decision. This was the type of sale that took a year to close for $1M or more. Not a one call close. Still, if you are looking to get your product standardized and in the purchasing system, its a good approach.

Array

The hardest decision to make often has obviously the two most polar opposite answers. I know staying with the company i am going to make a wage every week, and as it stands i would have to do something pretty dumb and probably criminal to lose that. However i also know that i could probably make a lot of money if i was to take the risk get my business going and spend the time and such required to actually get in and do the things that i know i need to do for my business.

The hard part is not really knowing what i really would need to do to get myself placed properly to both save them money, make me money and the rest.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels