View Poll Results: Which product should I release first...

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6 in 1 Smartphone Accessory

0 0%
  • Headphone Cord Manager

1 50.00%
  • None Of Them

1 50.00%

Thread: Which product should I release first...

Default Which product should I release first...

Hello again guys,

I have a 6 in 1 smartphone accessory that we've been developing over the last year or so. We've been mulling over releasing it on Kickstarter to test how good it is. What turns us off about the venture is that over the last year or so smartphone gadgets have been doing quite poorly, I think it's been done to death to be honest. Our key advantages are that it's universal yet it is something the phone "wears" so it's very compact. So unlike traditional smartphone gadgets you don't have to remember to bring it with you all the time, and because it has 6 features in 1 it's not something you'll put away and forget because you don't use it as much as you thought when you bought it, it's always got something for you.
    Latest-Design-Spider-Podium-Stand-Holder-for-All-Brand-Cellphone-Samsun.jpg (picture of a competing product which is also very versatile)

Anyway, over the last few days we thought up a really great yet simple solution for headphone cord management. It's a universal gadget that will attach to any phone, tablet, mp3 player, laptop, or any electronic device with or without cases and give them a really nice solution to keep their headphones neat and tangle free. It's nearly infinitely adjustable for long and short cords and is only a couple mills thick! The advantages of this product are that it costs much less to make, it's something we can make at our workshop, and has very little start up cost. We'd have full control of the item, and if it doesn't work out we haven't lost much. But it's not as good of an idea as my 6 in 1 accessory.
    3.jpg (a competing product that also manages earbuds on portable electronic devices).

What worries me is that if we switch to the headphone wrap, we may come back to find that someone has created a similar or better smartphone accessory, our headphone management uses the same technology as the smartphone accessory, so we could inspire someone to come up with our idea.

So here's the poll, should we go with our 6 in 1 smartphone accessory that would cost us around $10k to make, that will be made in some factory, or should we get our feet wet with the headphone cord manager that may cost us $1k to make, that we can make at home, but risk loosing the 6 in 1 accessory? Optionally if you don't like any of the gadgets you may choose none at all.
    Last edited by Broman; 12-20-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Sorry no one responded until now.

Does it have to be one or the other first? Could you work on both at the same time? Could you put both product up on Kickstarts to see what the response is? Or would it be a problem if both projects get funded?

I'd actually like to see the headphone cord management. I can't stand the cords and so never carry headphones with me. Every time I have to use a pair of earbuds I think why can't someone create something to make it easier to deal with the cord.

They both sound like good ideas though.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I vote for Both at the same time.
    Steve B

I think both at the same time as well.
    GlobalPay - Mobile Credit Card Processing
    Start Accepting Credit Cards Today, Using Your SmartPhone or Tablet.
    Follow us on our Website, Facebook or Twitter